Ingredients (serves 1)
- 50 g of wild arugola 50 g of Milan lettuce (type of chicory)
- 50 of Chioggia lettuce (Italian chicory)
- 100 g of Sicilian datterino tomatoes 30 g of diced pineapple
- 20 g of fresh pomegranate
- 60 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 20 ml of white wine vinegar salt
Wash the lettuces under plenty of cold running water to remove any dirt residue, then dry the leaves
with a kitchen towel. Julienne both of them very finely and put them in a bowl. Add the wild arugula, the diced pineapple, the pomegranate seeds and the washed and halved tomatoes. Pour the oil, the vinegar, and a large pinch of salt into a small bowl and beat with a whisk or a fork. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well, then serve.
Tip: avoid using balsamic vinegar, since its strong taste would overpower the fresher tones of the salad.
Salads call for light-bodied wines. In this case I’ve chosen Bardolino Chiaretto, which will not overpower the taste of the salad and will go along well with the aromatic notes of the pomegranate.